Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I gotta believe!!

Well, my sports world is in a tizzy. The Illini are 3-1 and actually won a Big 10 game on the road. Sure it was Indiana, but after the past few years even beating a basketball school is reason to celebrate. Now this Saturday we play Penn State down in Champaign. I'm heading down to witness all the fun. We'll see how that goes.

Second of all, the Cubs magic number is four. Yes...four. All of Chicago (well at least all of Chicago that roots for the Cubs) can taste the playoffs. They are so tantalizingly close. Trust me though, I won't celebrate until the Cubs pop champagne in the clubhouse.

Now my 30-odds years of sports fandom has taught me to be wary...to be cautious...not to put my emotions on the line. Instead I've decided to throw all caution to the wind and just enjoy it. I haven't had a fall like this where I can enjoy both college football and baseball this late in the year...well.. ever. I may be eventually emotionally devastated in some cruel and inhumane way by one or both of these teams, but until then, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I'm going to lash myself to mast and dare the gods of sport to do their darndest. *Gulp*.

...and let's just not talk about he Bears. All that would do is kill my buzz.

No comments: