Monday, October 01, 2007

You're looking at a happy man.

So Friday night I was at a saloon in Wrigleyville watching the Cubs win and the Brewers lose. After many high fives (and a dude who accidentally punched me in the gut), I went out to the intersection of Addison and Clark to join in the celebration and got this beautiful picture.

Then I got out of bed after not many hours of sleep and drove down to Champaign-Urbana to go to the Illini game. The Illini ended up beating #21 Penn State for their first win over a ranked team since 2001. The football team saw that the students were being blocked from rushing the field....so the team rushed the stands.

It was like watching a university breathe a sigh of relief after five years of frustration. It was quite awesome.


This was easily one of my best sports weekends ever.

No comments: