Saturday, February 02, 2008

To All My Super Tuesday Brethren,

Get out there and vote.

Now I won't tell you who to vote for, but I know with utmost certainty who I am. I volunteered to serve my country 15 years ago because I unquestionably believed that the United States was a force for good in this world. I believed that this country looked out for the hopeless and downtrodden in its borders and around the world. I without hesitation and doubt pledged to, if necessary, give my life for that belief.

I want to feel that way again....I don't want to think that those ideas were pipe dream of an idealistic 21 year old...

Recently, I, for the first time in my life, donated money to a presidential campaign. I believe we, as a nation, can be better.

...and I believe that it is time to not have somebody named "Clinton" or "Bush" in the White House. One or the other have been in the top 2 of our government since 1980. Why do we wonder why things in Washington never seem to change? Change will not come from electing the same two families into power again, and again , and again......



...but in the end, regardless of the candidate, get out there and make your voice heard.

2 comments:

Orangelamb said...

Amen, Brother Tiki.

Anonymous said...

Go Barack! I hope he hires these guys to be his cabinet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QjvTDulFg