Monday, March 12, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Well, this is the week I look forward to all year. To me it's like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween all wrapped up into one and covered in a layer of rich milk chocolate. These are the first two days I request off each and every year. I've been excited since the middle of last week. I've felt like a kid staring at his Christmas presents under the tree, and feeling like time had stopped, that Christmas would never come....like the second hand on the clock was moving backwards.

What's so special about this week?

March Madness and St.Patrick's Day. Joy!



This Thursday through Sunday I will be rooted in front of many televisions at some Chicago drinking establishment or at one of my friends' houses gorging myself on beer and basketball. I have taken Thursday and Friday off just for that expressed purpose. It's pure gluttony of all things manly. I really somehow just need to get it established as a religious holiday....the high holy days of Bradism.

As if there weren't already enough reasons to whoop it up, my friend Sean will be in town from Arizona where he moved six or so months ago as well. ( For a moving photo essay on Sean, I can't recommend visiting my friend Amber's blog enough. Yes, he's one of those guys. ) It's going to be good to see him...and to drink many beers with him again.

So if you have a hard time getting a hold of me this weekend you know why. I also want to apologize in advance for any incoherent voice mails or text messages you may receive from me. I've developed a bad habit of doing that lately. It has kind of been my new method of showing affection to family and friends. If you are a recipient, please be flattered, and you might want to save it for future celebrity roasts, birthday parties or blackmail purposes, if I ever decide to run for office.

So to all, enjoy this week. You know I will.

2 comments:

Big Yellow Forehead said...

gotta say, I'm loving the Obama ad!

Brad said...

LEX!!! LOL!