Saturday, May 12, 2007

Embracing my inner NASCAR fan.


Hello, my name is Brad and I'm a closet NASCAR fan. You see, I come from a NASCAR family. We have favorite drivers. We treat the Daytona 500 like the rest of the country treats the Super Bowl. I've been to a race and honestly hope this year I get to go again (you have to be chosen, we only have so many tickets). The men have a NASCAR fantasy league....which I dominated last year. We bitch about the drivers we don't like....you hear that 24!!! Oh, yeah....and I know many drivers just by their number...8, 20, 24, 48...hell I even know who the 1, 2, 5, 11, 17 and 31 are. I own a Tony Stewart hat....but in my defense I own like forty other hats so that's not all that incriminating.

Why do I tell you this...I don't know. Maybe I just wanted to come out of the closet...and I also wanted to show you this commercial which I think is funny regardless of whether or not you like racin'.



Well, thanks for listening...and always remember....rubbin', son, is racin'.

As my dad calls me,
The Only NASCAR fan in Lakeview.

2 comments:

Little sausage said...

I love Jimmie Johnson. Mainly I just love his name.

Brad said...

You know who Jimmie Johnson is?

Aren't you across the pond?