Monday, May 07, 2007

Now accepting charter members....

So the Cubs have finally made it to a game above .500. Woo hoo! That's the joy of Cubs fandom. If you're a Yankees fan you have to win a World Series to glean the slightest bit of happiness. Us Cubs fan get perverse joy over being a game above .500 and second place in one of the crappiest divisions in baseball.

I went to the game on Saturday with my friend Chris and got to see the Cubs win the second game of what ended up being a sweep of the hapless Washington Nationals. The seats were great, the game was fun, the Old Style was cold and I didn't even have to use my AK. I'd have to say it was a good day.

So after a key hit in the 9th inning of yesterday's extra inning victory, I have decided to start the West Lakeview chapter of the Ryan Theriot
Man-crush Club.



He's a solid player with probably the most awesome name in baseball.

I PREDICT THE-RIOT!

I am now accepting any and all applications. Though it is a man-crush club, for the sake of fairness and so this doesn't become a huge sausage fest, I am accepting applications from the ladies as well. Now I need to go print up membership cards...



On the running front, I've now logged over 230 miles for this year already. All and all, I'm feeling pretty damn good about it. It's about the only thing that has kept me even remotely sane this year with the temporary demise of the radio show and all. My next scheduled race is the Soldier Field 10 on Memorial Day weekend. I'm really hoping to make it. See, I'm only 2 for 4 on showing up for races this year. I admit that I'm not really good at getting up early on weekends. Heck I'm not really good at getting up before eleven on weekends. I have a lot of friends running this one, so I'll make sure they give me a call that morning. That should help.....I hope.

In other Brad news, the first softball game of the season is today. It's the first game since our debacle in the semifinals last year that resulted in me walking off the field in anger. I'll give an update on how that all goes tomorrow. The HGH I've been taking all winter better pay some dividends with my hitting. I heard chicks dig the long ball

No comments: