Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Radio Recommendation to RadioTiki's loyal flock

Flipping through channels on my XM radio recently, I joyfully rediscovered the radio comedy of Ron & Fez.

Though they are currently based out of New York City, back in the mid-90's they were syndicated and based out of Florida. They were part of what was then called the Ron & Ron (areas NSFW) show. Yes, now they are short a Ron, but luckily they lost the kinda unfunny one.

When I lived in Savannah, GA, they were the morning radio show I listened to religiously. I used to enjoy them as much as any radio show I've ever listened to and I'm happy to announce that they are still pretty hella funny.

I lost track of them for for about ten years, but recently I discovered they are back on the air out of New York on WFNY: Free FM! Lucky for us non-New Yorkers though, they are also podcasted on iTunes and if you do the XM thang like Tommy and I do, they are also on the XM on Channel 202: The ViRUS.

After all the laughs they gave me back in the day, the least I could do it give them a little promotion here on the Bully Pulpit. Just give 'em a listen if you can....and I really hope you like. If you don't like, then hey that's just more Ron & Fez for me.

3 comments:

Okasa said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm looking forward to listening to them. I listen to a lot of podcasts at work... my favorites are:

In Our Time - This weekly BBC radio program takes some obscure topic from history, science, or literature and invites a panel of professors to discuss it. Recent topics have included Gravitational Waves, Spinoza, Greek and Roman love poetry, The Opium Wars, Anaesthetics, and Otto Von Bismark

Real Time with Bill Maher - The audio from Bill's weekly HBO show is podcast, which is so nice for those of us without HBO.

SubGenius Hour of Slack - Praise Bob

WFMU's Seven Second Delay with Ken and Andy - Andy is what Jeff aspires to. :)

Brad said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to give them a try.

Fez is what I aspire to...but healthier and less ghey.

Ron has a Tom aspect to him.

Anonymous said...

I am listening to this show a lot lately (ron and fez). It's pretty funny, not as much as RadioTiki, but alright. Thanks.