Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blog Leavings

I got thoughts bouncing around in my head like one of those machines they draw the lottery number ping-pong balls from, yet none of them are quite big enough to warrant their own individual post. In order to expunge my thinker of some of these random thoughts, I present you this entry of a few odds and ends.

Topic #1: With David Beckham coming to the LA Galaxy, the Spice Girls reuniting, and with her getting her own TV special, America is getting a full frontal Victoria Beckham assault. I'm sorry. She's just not for me. Maybe after she eats several sandwiches....


On the other hand, I think Baby Spice (Emma Bunton) has developed quite nicely, thank you.
MERCY!

Topic #2: It's the All-Star break and my Cubs are right back in it. After a downright lousy spring, the Cubs were tied for the second best record in the majors in the month of June. They are now a game over .500 and only 4.5 games out of first in the National League Central and 4.0 games out of the wild card.


Did you hear that? That is hope you hear in my typing. Unfortunately, my spirits have risen. I'm dreadfully getting excited and hopeful. This happens even though I know with certainty that I will eventually be let down in some terribly painful, soul-crushing manner. Such is the curse of the Cubs fan. You know it's coming like it has so often in the past (1969, 1984, 2003)....yet you are utterly powerless to stop being excited about it. It's like knowing a girl is going to eventually break up with you in some humiliating way in front of all your friends, but yet still being excited about the relationship.
My real fear is that I will one day pass on this sickness to my children....well that and my receding hairline.

Topic #3: The fateful day has come that I must let a loved one go. We had a lot of good times together but there comes a time when you realize that a relationship just isn't healthy anymore. Admittedly I had seen this coming for awhile now, but when the feelings are strong and you've invested so much time in a relationship, you stick around through the bad times hoping things will get better. Finally the time has come to just admit that the woman has gone batshit insane and I have to get the hell outta there.

Lindsay Lohan, the crush is over.

I stuck with you through the skinny phase, the really bad pop career, the showing your naughty bits to the world, even the "glug, glug...vroom, vroom...snore, snore...crash, crash"...but all together its just been to much. You had so much potential (By the way, this is where I'd probably put in the musical montage of pictures from the good old days probably to the strains of Skid Row's "I Remember You") and once upon a time I had such high hopes. Now I have to move on and retire you to the Britney Spears Wing of my pantheon of crushes.

...but hey, we'll always have "Mean Girls". *tear*

3 comments:

Little sausage said...

Ha ha. Finally We are free of VB. That's Beckham (Mrs) not Victoria Bitter. I only know of one place who stocks the latter. Buggeration.

Personalised itineraries are my thang.

Anonymous said...

gatDAMN, Emma Bunton!
...
that is all.
~captain spaulding

Anonymous said...

But you have to admit, Victoria's hair-do is AMAZING. I love it. I want it. Yeah, I watched the special...and have the BBC Special on my DVD just waiting to be viewed in all it's glory. What is wrong with me?? I have no idea, but I can't stop watching everything V-Beckham. I think I have finally gone all-the-way insane.