Monday, July 09, 2007

With all apologies to my friend Tom....


Last Friday night I got to see the Police at Wrigley Field and it was pretty freaking awesome. I'd seen Sting in concert a few times in the past, but nothing quite compared to this. It was one of my favorite bands of all time playing in my favorite place in the world. Thanks to my pal Cheeks for offering me his spare ticket. I'd definitely have kicked myself if I had missed this concert.



The woman in front of me gave me mad, fly props for knowing the words to most of the songs. I wanted to tell her if someone spent $98 bucks on tickets and didn't know the words to "Message in a Bottle", they pretty much wasted a good $98.

Oh and by the way, if this is my beloved friend Tom reading this, I'm lying. You didn't miss a thing. They sucked ass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Brad, i miss you on the show! Get your ass back in there, really!
It's just not the same without you...

Wow, that sounded corny... ;-)

hope to hear from you soon!

kisses

Sarah T from Belgium

Jeff said...

Hey, Brad! I was there on Friday too -- not too far away from you, by the look of it.

We actually started out in the nosebleed seats. I was on my way back from the bathroom during the opening act when my cellphone rang. It was my wife. "GET BACK HERE!" she said. A ticket-taker was giving out field seats. This was our original view.

I thought it was a great show. I'd never seen The Police before, but I saw Sting a couple years back and was underwhelmed. Not so in this case.

Anonymous said...

Maybe that lady was trying to politely tell you that you were singing loudly in her ear and to cut it out...or that she wish you didn't know the words cause then she could hear Sting sing them.

Just a thought.

Panache

Little sausage said...

Dominic Miller is an old friend of my uncle. Does that mean anything to you? Probably not.

Humph.

Brad said...

I pretty sure know who he is. I've seen him tour with Sting a couple of times. He's his guitarist, right?

Little sausage said...

Yup yup.