Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Damn you, EA Sports, damn you to heck!!!

Well, last week I purchased EA Sports NCAA Football 08. The thing is I already own the 2003 version and the 2006 version.

So has college football changed that much in the past 5 years? No, not really.

Yet every year I am drawn to purchase this game that isn't probably all that different from versions I already own. Maybe the game play is a bit different. Maybe the uniforms are more up to date. The team rosters are more realistic to what is currently playing out there...but no matter what I want it. I have to play it.

See, I'm not a huge gamer. Most of the time my PlayStation2 is just gathering dust. Even if some kick butt game comes out that really tickles my fancy (see God of War, Ghost Recon, Star Wars Battlefront) most of the time I end up waiting until the game hits the $20 rack before I purchase it.

Yet once NCAA football comes out, it's a whole different story. I just have to have it. The draw is so strong that before I owned a PlayStation2, I once rented a whole game system from a Blockbuster just so I could play this game.

If I do purchase the game like I did this year, for the first few weeks I think about it constantly. I can't wait to get home and play. Why? I have no idea. All I know is I get some kind of odd high from it. For example, yesterday I played Illinois versus the Ragin' Cajuns of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. One ten point victory later and I'm walking tall all day. Why does beating some pushover school make me feel so tough? Not a clue, but it sure is fun.

This is where it starts to get hazardous for Brad. I've seen screenshots of NCAA08 on the PlayStation3 and the Xbox 360, and it looks glorious, simply glorious. If the game is this good on the old box, how awesome must it be on one of the new consoles? *drool*

I tell you, it's a sickness.

11 comments:

Little sausage said...

I'm just as sick. Every year I buy the new Formula One game. Every year, all that changes is the driver's names and possibly the paint job on the cars.

My doctor has given me pills for it. I will NOT be buying the next one.

Brad said...

Oh, you say that now!!!

I wonder if they sell that in the States. I bet I could get it fairly cheap.

Little sausage said...

Seriously, I have no self control.

IF F1-07 is released (apparently EA have the rights now - and it's still uncertain if they'll release if for the PS) it'll cost around £45. That's about $91.25 in real money.

Anonymous said...

Get an Xbox 360 - apparently one of the major sports-game vendors has black-balled the PS3 and has said it will only be making Xbox exclusive games...I will have to double check on that, but it was a HUGE blow to PS3. Which, by the way, is underselling it's projected sales goals. Get a Wii and an Xbox 360 for $50 more than the PS3, and have more fun. Hmmm, wonder which consoles I have...

Anonymous said...

PlayStation Eye and Sony motion control interface lead researcher Richard Marks answers questions about the company's upcoming PlayStation 3 motion control interface: pcworld.com/article/169398/exclusive_sony_answers_12_questions_about_playstation_3_motion_control.html

Anonymous said...

Netflix will begin streaming movies and TV shows to PlayStation 3 consoles in the U.S. from November, it said on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Facebook coming to Sony PS3 next? Say it ain't so! ... Yesterday images of an upcoming Sony Playstation 3 interface update were leaked. Along with some fairly trivial tweaks, the images revealed ... itworld.com/personal-tech/84520/facebook-coming-sony-ps3-next-say-it-aint-so

Anonymous said...

How to clean a playstation??? do you have to or can you just wipe it down with windex? how do you clean where the disc goes?

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what kind of playstation 3 system should I get because I am planning getting one for a my best friend this winter.It been awhile for me since I'd played the Sony Playstation gaming system. I want too know which version is best one to get?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. A week ago I found this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Play Ps3 tournaments for cash[/url]
They say you can play online NCAA Basketball game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Last weekend I looked at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Ps3 Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online EA sports game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?