Monday, February 12, 2007

Brad's signs of the apocalypse for February 12, 2007






Sign #1: The Black Eyed Peas won a Grammy for Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal for their lyrical friggin' masterpiece "My Humps".




Now I have nothing against the Peas. I own some of their music (mind you I didn't pay good American currency for it). I find it catchy and entertaining. Overall, I kind of like 'em....even when they pee themselves.




But these are Grammy winning lyrics?




"What you gon? do with all that junk? All that junk inside that trunk? I?ma get, get, get, get, you drunk, Get you love drunk off my hump. What u gon? do with all that ass? All that ass inside them jeans? I?m a make, make, make, make you scream Make u scream, make you scream. Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump. My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps."

....and that's just the chorus!!!

Wow. I would understand the People's Choice awards or even the American Music Awards, but I actually thought that the Grammys were...I don't know....respectable? I stand corrected.




Sign #2: The Eddie Murphy movie "Norbit" was #1 at the box office and made $33.7 million.
Remember when Eddie Murphy was cutting edge, provocative and funny? I bet you that if he was given a chance, that Eddie Murphy would kick this Eddie Murphy's ass.
Hopefully he won't be nominated for an Oscar for this role as well.




3 comments:

Amber said...

I don't remember when Eddie Murphy was funny.

Brad said...

Of course you don't, you were too young.

It was called the 80's.

Watch "Raw", "Beverly Hills Cop" and "Coming to America".....

Anonymous said...

I call her PeePants Fergie. I don't recognize any other name for her.